Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Food Coma

Hay. His favorite thing in the entire world (except for Kaela and I of course). He craves it in the morning, afternoon, night. He dreams about it and I don't think he even has an interest in the female guinea....just hay.

Naturally, whoever wakes up first will feed the pets: scoop of food for Stud, hay for Stud and a scoop of food for Bella. Except McMuff doesn't understand that if he still has food left after a day, or even a few hours it's still OK for him to eat it. I'm pretty sure the hay at the bottom of his "hay holder" (I'm not really sure what else to call it) is days, maybe even weeks old. It also might be due to the fact that once it gets too far down he can't reach it.



He gets so excited about hay, he actually overdoses. Hay is his Thanksgiving meal, except every day. Naturally, as I do, when it's Thanksgiving, you eat until you can't eat anymore...and then you sleep. This is what Stud Muffin does EVERY SINGLE DAY. We will walk upstairs to find him passed out right next to his hay (to give you a little insight, a normal nap/bedtime would be spent in his igloo, but food coma's happen almost instantly). He literally is so full that he can't make it back to his igloo, so instead he just gives in and takes a nap.

I have tried my hardest to stalk him for the last couple of weeks to get a picture of this, but I can't, of course! So, instead here is a picture of a potential food coma.


And here is a picture of just how much he loves hay.



2 comments: