Monday, February 1, 2010

Get your hands off me.

The title of this post is the thought that continually ran through his head all night. He needed a good cage cleaning, so we decided to make a spa night for the pig. We pampered him, fed him carrots, trimmed his nails, reorganized his cage; the list continues. What respect does he show us? None. Listed below are the series of not-so-likable behaviors he showed us tonight:

1. Biting. I was feeding him a carrot (number 2 i might add), and after he tried to rip it out of my hand the whole time, he bit me. He doesn't have razor-sharp teeth or anything, but I must say he broke skin. Thank god I didn't start bleeding, he might have tried to drink it.

2. "Don't touch me" head jerk. This may be confusing, but sometimes you are petting the top of his head and he thrashes it up and throws your hand off as to say "If you don't stop touching the top of my head, I will pee on you." After this lovely gesture, he received no more petting.

3. Frantic spinning. As Kaela slaves away to clean his cage, which includes new hay, a fresh rug, vacuumed surroundings, fresh bedding and a feng shuied living space, he can't even be thankful. On top of the spring cleaning and remodeling, I am attempting to feed him yummy Yo Dips, which are a healthy yogurt dessert he has recently stopped enjoying; apparently he is too good for them. He won't sit still. He keeps running around in circles all over my stomach and I can't help but think he's situating himself to just pee right on me. Yes, he has done this, but to Kaela, I'm not really looking for a repeat. Thankfully he doesn't, but we had him out of his cage for maybe 10 minutes (which he should be appreciative of) and he couldn't relax.

Three strikes and you're out Muff. I put him back in his cage before he had his igloo back in there, which freaks him out as well. So he ran around in circles until he got that shelter back. I've never been so happy to have his cage clean, I think I might be happier than him.

Pictured below: His frantic "Get me out of here" face; a very clear sign he wanted a cage cleaning. The things we do for him.



At the end of the day, we still love him, although sometimes we truly wonder why.

P.S. Tomorrow is Groundhog Day. Groundhogs are a distant relative of the Guinea Pig. He's pretty excited for the festivities we have planned. He likes all the attention he can get for just about any holiday minorly related to him.

1 comment:

  1. "which are a healthy yogurt dessert he has recently stopped enjoying" -- for some reason my favorite part.

    you have too much time on your hands. however, i am eager to read about ground hogs day.

    ReplyDelete