Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

When Stud Muffin was adopted he unfortunately didn't come with a birth certificate. So we don't know when his exact birthday is, but we decided to make it during the month of May, because that's when Kaela adopted him (plus May is just a great month). We're going to go with May 15. Conveniently my birthday is on the 12th, so we are planning joint festivities. Although poor Muff won't be able to accompany us to dinner or out on the town, we plan to make his special day really great.

He will be a whopping 1 year old, so it truly is a special day. Since cake isn't really an option for guinea pigs, we're going to get him some sweet treat, since he has recently boycotted Yo-Dips. We'll have to check out the pet store for some options. Also, I would really like to get him something special, maybe a new decoration for his cage or a little outfit (I guarantee we could fine something that was meant for a cat or one of those dogs that's the size of someone's foot). He's a little large for his age/species, so I'm sure we could me something work.

I believe a song/dance should be prepared, so we're going to finish the lyrics to our "Guinea Pig" spin on "Lollipop" (not the Lil' Wayne version, but the good ol' Chordette classic), and maybe we'll add some choreography, although I'm sure he'll be so frightened by all the action that he'll just retreat to his igloo anyway. Maybe we'll even get him in on a little bit of the dance action. We have always wanted to make a video of him dancing, he's really great at it.

Pictures will be posted following this fun day. Get excited.

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing his birthday pictures! Too bad I'll miss my grandpig's first birthday. From, Stud's Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Stud Muffin!! We hope you all had fun celebrating all the birthdays. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Have a fantastic rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete